Scrap Socks are Great for Dealing with Odds and Ends


The thing about doing a challenge (like the Year of Stash Socks 2011) is that all the projects leave one with a huge array of small balls of yarn, none of which are quite enough to become a project in and of themselves. So, my solution was to make a pair of socks out of the scraps.

These did not have a real pattern, although I used the heel from Chuffed. I used two sets of size 1 dpns, and cast on 60 sts. I did ten rows of 1×1 rib, then changed yarn, and switched to a 3.3 rib for the leg and the instep, and stockinette for the gusset. I changed colors after ten rows.

I’m quite pleased with the way these came out, and I am looking forward to more projects like this one.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: